FRIENDS OF THE FAIR
P.O. Box 242, Dixon CA 95620
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2013
The Friends of Dixon May Fair have established the Scholarship Program for 2013. Funds to support the Scholarship Program are generated from “Friends” volunteer activities in support of the Dixon May Fair. This year a total of seven scholarships will be available; one at $3000.00, three at $2,000.00, one at $1500.00 and two at $1,000.00 each. When developing your application packet, please be specific to your category of choice.
- Must be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in a four-year accredited college or university, an accredited community college, or an accredited trade school, located in California in an agricultural-related field.
- Agricultural-related fields include majors and options such as, but not limited to, agricultural and resource economics, agricultural business, agronomy and range science, agricultural science, agricultural systems management, animal science, avian sciences, bio-resource and agricultural engineering, plant protection science, dairy science, entomology, earth sciences, environmental horticultural science, environmental design, environmental management and protection, landscape architecture, food science, environmental toxicology, forestry and natural resources, fruit science, soils and biogeochemistry, agricultural education and communication, home economics, environmental resource sciences, agribusiness, pomology, animal science, vegetable crops, nematology, earth and soil sciences, plant pathology, food science and nutrition, wildlife and fisheries biology, horticulture and crop science, pest management, natural resources management, child, family and consumer science, viticulture and enology, atmospheric science, and hydrologic science.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.0, or be a student in good standing.
- A personal statement of no more than two typed pages (double-spaced) must accompany your application. Please indicate why you are pursuing your desired career and what you hope to accomplish.
- A copy of your transcript (accumulative and current) must accompany this application.
- Final applicants will be required to participate in a formal interview with the Scholarship Committee.
- Each application packet must include:
Note: Each packet must include: 1 set of originals and 1 set of copies of each of the required forms. Only an official “Friends of the Fair” application will be accepted (NO exceptions to this requirement). Applications may be printed from the web site, .
- Friends of the Fair application form
- Personal statement
- Copy of your transcript (accumulative and current)
- Two current letters of recommendation (one must be from a professional educator)
Note: Only complete packets will be considered.
- Application packets and all their contents become the property of the Friends of the Fair.
- Scholarships of $3,000.00 & $2,000.00 will be awarded to 4-year college or university student categories. Scholarships of $1500.00 and $1,000.00 will be awarded to community college student categories.
- Applicants must be a resident of Solano County (FFA, 4-H or Grange experience desired, but not mandated) for this agricultural-related scholarship.
- Continuing scholarship winners can re-apply up to 4 times.
- Completed application packets must be postmarked no later than 5:00 P.M. on March 1, 2013. Mail to: Scholarship Committee, Friends of the Fair Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 242, Dixon, CA 95620.
For further information, write to the Friends of the Fair, P.O. Box 242, Dixon, CA 95620, visit our Web site, , or call JoAn Giannoni (707-678-5618) or Claudia Huffman (707-448-0130) or email email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: All scholarship checks will be paid directly to the recipient upon receipt of proof of enrollment. All monies may be used only for tuition, fees, books, materials and supplies, housing and meals purchased on campus.
Recipients will be notified first by mail after April 15, 2013 and will be announced at the Dixon May Fair.